Luc Cuenco 12.15.21
Having a solid set of gun tools is an essential thing for any gun owner. As your collection grows, your tool list will grow as well, but for newcomers it can be a bit difficult to decide what exactly you need for your first tools, but today we will give you a decent list of basic items to buy if you’re a frequent shooter or just need a few new tools to replace your worn out tools. Most of these tools also make great gifts for new gun owners who will need the essentials to keep their guns in top condition or for routine maintenance. So if you are shopping for yourself or have a friend or family member who is in need, check out this list and let us know if you have any essential gun tools you keep in your holster. tools for guns!
12 days of OutdoorHub on the 6th day of Christmas! Essential weapon tools
The Tipton Ultra cleaning kit
The Tipton® Ultra Cleaning Kit was designed for the shooter who wants the absolute highest quality cleaning accessories available in a handy portable kit. The heart of the kit is a premium 3-piece stainless steel cleaning rod with a multi-bearing handle. The 0.205 “diameter, 40” usable length rod is constructed from 17-4 PH stainless steel to be extremely durable and resist bending (the problem that plagues most multi-section rods). All kit components are neatly contained within the molded plastic case with custom-cut foam for maximum organization. Perfect for any gun owner regardless of caliber.
- Complete gun cleaning kit, making it a perfect gift (from Rimfire to larger rifles and shotguns
- Stainless steel cleaning rod
- Nylon and bronze brushes for cleaning sensitive polymer and soft metal parts
- Comes in a handy carrying case with extra space for solvents and oils
- $ 154.99 at the Tipton online store
Real Avid CORE AR-15 Pistol Tool
If you own an AR-15 or are planning to own an AR-15, you should check out this CORE AR-15 pistol tool from the guys at Real Avid. This small, pocket-sized tool contains everything you will need to maintain your AR-15 in the field and eliminate any malfunctions or tighten up any loose parts that may have come off after a long distance session. It’s cheap, rock hard, and small enough to toss in your pocket or any storage bag.
- The most complete coal scraper in the world
- Cleans carbon from all critical surfaces to keep bolts smooth
- Clear jams
- Drill the removal pins
- Make view adjustments
- Heavy-duty liner locks keep tools secure while in use
- Carabiner type feature attaches to molle straps
- $ 39.99 at Brownells
Tipton Ultra Gun Standing Vise
When it comes to properly cleaning your firearms, Tipton has designed the Ultra Permanent Gun Vise for all your needs. We’ve taken the Ultra Gun Vise and added foldable legs so you can comfortably and fully access your rifle. Whether you’re mounting glasses, cleaning, or accessorizing, you have the flexibility to stand or sit while working on your gun or crossbow. The Ultra Gun Vise works with virtually any size of firearm or crossbow, allowing you to effectively clean your firearm.
- Oversized leg levers for effortless setup and fold up for easy transport and storage, eliminating the need for a table or bench
- Best Gun Vise Mods feature non-marking glass-filled nylon clamps and removable accessory / tool trays that allow for adjustable and custom setup
- Durable and Lightweight – Rigid all-steel construction ensures this portable bench is sturdy and ready for any situation
- The 35-inch height creates optimum comfort while working and it has a built-in bottle opener – To your health!
- Currently on sale for $ 212.46 and comes with a free Ultra Jag / Brush Set
Bondhus Gorilla key set for metric, standard and Torx hardware
I hate having to sort through my gun tool collection to find these little wrenches and I would really love to have these nifty little combo tools to work on my guns. Each of them is made from durable polymer handles and each of the keys folds inside to make them easier to carry in a storage bag or stow in a toolbox. Best of all, they’re very inexpensive, and you’ll likely end up using them more than anything else in your toolbox.
About the Author
Luke is currently a full-time writer for TheFirearmBlog.com, OvertDefense.com, AllOutdoor.com and, of course, OutdoorHub.com. Luke is a competitive shooter, gun enthusiast, reloader, outdoor enthusiast, and generally interested in anything that has to do with the great outdoors. Luke is also a certified private pilot and is currently pursuing his commercial pilot license in the hopes of becoming a commercial pilot. Some of Luke’s other interests include all things aviation, aerospace, and military technology, as well as the efforts of the American Conservancy. Instagram: @ballisticaviation YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BallisticAviation thefirearmblog.com/blog/author/luke-c/overtdefense.com/author/luke-c/alloutdoor.com/author/lukec/
We are committed to finding, researching and recommending the best products. We earn commissions on the purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how it works.
- How Universal’s failed ‘jaw race’ terrorized (and frustrated) guests
- The construction of the Hub13 rental community inaugurates
- Highly Rated Carbon Steel Dish Drainer From KitchenAid Now $ 25 (Up To 50% Off) And More From $ 8
- New hypersonic facility accelerates UTSA as a leader in aerospace projects | UTSA today | UTSA